Garnerbiker's Journey on planet Earth

This blog started as a trip journal for the summer of 2011 Europe trip of 69 days. My wife Katherine, and I decided to use the entire summer break that teachers get, and go crazy. Everything was new to us. I was surprised at the blog's following. It has now become a tradition to travel on our breaks and blog about it. I write mostly as a journal for myself and students, but also give travel ideas to others that might want to travel like us, or go to the places we have seen. Take a look at what's on here. The experiences that I have had through travel are continuously shaping my life. I recommend you get out there and do it!

Translate

Friday, June 10, 2011

Evening before Takeoff...

Now, as I sit going though the checklists, I believe that we are going to actually make this thing happen. Tomorrow, we get picked up by Mr. Jimbo and head off to the airport. It will be early, but I am sure that there will not be much rest over the night. The excitement is too high. Wrapping up with school today just makes the departure that much greater. Finalizing school, packing up the room, bringing gear home, and finishing up a great recording project with a friend makes this a sweet event. When we headed off to Australia 2 Novembers ago, I went into "vacation" mode right off the bat. Hopefully, that happens on this one. It surely was a feeling of relaxation and bliss. I have a few more items to take care of before we go. The house is overprotected, plants are in order, and the AC is on 88 degrees. Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment