Garnerbiker's Journey on planet Earth

This blog started as a trip journal for the summer of 2011 Europe trip of 69 days. My wife Katherine, and I decided to use the entire summer break that teachers get, and go crazy. Everything was new to us. I was surprised at the blog's following. It has now become a tradition to travel on our breaks and blog about it. I write mostly as a journal for myself and students, but also give travel ideas to others that might want to travel like us, or go to the places we have seen. Take a look at what's on here. The experiences that I have had through travel are continuously shaping my life. I recommend you get out there and do it!

Translate

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Salzburg, Austria 2016

I just came across the SD Card with the photos from our summer trip of 2016.  Oops!  I realized I never created a post on Salzburg, Austria.  We were there for the Salzburger Festspiele and had an amazing time!

Katherine found us great accommodations through the mountain behind the Großes Festspielhaus.  Each day, we walked the short distance to town.  It was perfect.



The Cleveland Symphony

Getting our "fancy" on.




Do, Re, Mi anyone?


Berchtesgaden Eagle's Nest



Fireplace given to Hitler from Benito Mussolini

U.S. soldiers carved names in marble

Eagle's Nest underground entrance to the elevators






W.A. Mozart!!!!

Pit with Gustavo Dudamel's Venezuelan Orchestra prepared for West Side Story


No comments:

Post a Comment