Garnerbiker's Journey on planet Earth

This blog started as a trip journal for the summer of 2011 Europe trip of 69 days. My wife Katherine, and I decided to use the entire summer break that teachers get, and go crazy. Everything was new to us. I was surprised at the blog's following. It has now become a tradition to travel on our breaks and blog about it. I write mostly as a journal for myself and students, but also give travel ideas to others that might want to travel like us, or go to the places we have seen. Take a look at what's on here. The experiences that I have had through travel are continuously shaping my life. I recommend you get out there and do it!

Translate

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Athens day 2

Athens 2. After a wonderful first day in town, we got a decent nights sleep, and I headed out this morning for a little urban run.  I figured that's the best way to keep the strength up while being out eating questionable food.   Also, it is sure easy to just open the front door of the hostel and go for a run.  This morning I went out to the base of the Acropolis and ran up the Dionyssiou Areopagitou three times.  You come out to a view overlooking the city to the north.  Last night it was spectacular and this morning it was another flavor of the same.  I don't know what to take of the wild dogs.  Along the park areas, there are quite a few.  I know that with bears and some other people eaters, you don't want to run and give them a challenge.  So far, so good.  These dogs are beat and lazy.  I still don't like them running solo.  Never underestimate the power of lazy, disheveled, hungry dogs, or people on a mission.  

This morning we are heading off for breakfast, Acropolis museum, hike up inside the Acropolis, and need to get groceries.  The room has a great kitchen set up and we will probably do dinner here.  I would love to have my "please" and "thank yous" in order.  Better look over that phrase book again.

No comments:

Post a Comment