Garnerbiker's Journey on planet Earth

This blog started as a trip journal for the summer of 2011 Europe trip of 69 days. My wife Katherine, and I decided to use the entire summer break that teachers get, and go crazy. Everything was new to us. I was surprised at the blog's following. It has now become a tradition to travel on our breaks and blog about it. I write mostly as a journal for myself and students, but also give travel ideas to others that might want to travel like us, or go to the places we have seen. Take a look at what's on here. The experiences that I have had through travel are continuously shaping my life. I recommend you get out there and do it!

Translate

Saturday, June 4, 2011

1 week out

Well... This is how it will all begin. My pal just made a really cool blog and knew I would like to follow in his footsteps. With a giant trip coming, this is a great way to keep a journal and keep people in the loop of the latest happenings. I plan to blog as much as possible since the events that will partake will be of great significance, and the world must know about them. Well, at least family and friends that want to see if we are still alive.

The bags are pretty much packed and the itinerary is penciled on a calendar. Whether or not we stick to it and have no problems will be any one's guess.

It is tough to leave a great place with so much to offer. Our previous summer trips have been amazing and action packed, so leaving what you know is great for something different sure leaves you wondering what might happen. I do know that there will be nights that we are not sure where we can hunker down for the night and maybe have to resort to covert shelters. I hear that cardboard boxes work in a pinch. Maybe then.. Vegas provides a great summer locale with the neighboring mountains that provide cool relief from the desert heat. I will just have to wait to venture out when we get back in AUG.

1 comment:

  1. This post will assist the internet people for building up new blog or even a weblog from start to end.

    Jaipur to Jaisalmer Taxi

    ReplyDelete