Garnerbiker's Journey on planet Earth

This blog started as a trip journal for the summer of 2011 Europe trip of 69 days. My wife Katherine, and I decided to use the entire summer break that teachers get, and go crazy. Everything was new to us. I was surprised at the blog's following. It has now become a tradition to travel on our breaks and blog about it. I write mostly as a journal for myself and students, but also give travel ideas to others that might want to travel like us, or go to the places we have seen. Take a look at what's on here. The experiences that I have had through travel are continuously shaping my life. I recommend you get out there and do it!

Translate

Monday, June 13, 2011

Athens Day 2.3

Athens Day 2.3

Back at the place now making dinner.  Got some groceries at the local market.  Things are looking and feeling great! Tomorrow we head off tho the museum to see all the good artifacts that have been preserved like pottery and swords.  Well, I hope.  

I have found out how to upload to Facebook and email one photo at a time.  I am using Andrews iPod touch to take photos and upload them, but I really need to get the pics from the Canon S95 uploaded because those will be supa sweet!  Oh well, as of now we will just be teasing everyone with a picture at a time.  I don't have a card reader and don't want to go pay for computer time.  No worries. 

The little sports bar below the suites is great.  This morning we got the free breakfast.  They had hard boiled eggs, toast, coffee, and tomatoes.  I loaded up to get enough fuel to last the day.  We are trying to eat out only one meal to keep the spending low, and so far it has been working out.  The morning sports fare was  3 TVs with rugby.  Cool.

Please let me elaborate.  There are people here from all over the world here to see the sites.  I thought it was crazy at the Grand Canyon with the international crowd, but this is nuts! people watching have been as entertaining as the sites.  

Being on the Euro here has been simple, except that the exchange rate is a little crappy.  My CCard is taken without a problem.  For sure.  The money is a little weird being all different sizes.  The coins are neat, but a 2 euro coin is worth a bit and it feels weird  tipping with a coin.  I will be sure to bring some of those back.

1 comment:

  1. I like the pretty paper money! Don't be surprised if you pay with bills and get all coins back. There are coins for just about every bill amount. Sounds like you are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete