Garnerbiker's Journey on planet Earth

This blog started as a trip journal for the summer of 2011 Europe trip of 69 days. My wife Katherine, and I decided to use the entire summer break that teachers get, and go crazy. Everything was new to us. I was surprised at the blog's following. It has now become a tradition to travel on our breaks and blog about it. I write mostly as a journal for myself and students, but also give travel ideas to others that might want to travel like us, or go to the places we have seen. Take a look at what's on here. The experiences that I have had through travel are continuously shaping my life. I recommend you get out there and do it!

Translate

Friday, June 27, 2014

Vilnius, Lithuania last day

Right when we were really starting to love this place, it was time for us to prepare to leave. We did a last bit of exploring on foot and bought post card stamps. The bus tickets had to be purchased and we had to pack our bags.

That's me putting the super cool Lithuanian stamps on the cards. To get one, all you have to do is put a comment on my blog. Right now I am up to 12, but maybe more soon?
Our walk took us past the lunchtime stop on the walking tour where we met the funny man. We kept a lookout for him, but had no luck.
Late lunch was at the wild game restaurant called Lokys. I heard that they serve a beaver stew not to miss. It was quite tasty. Katherine's quail was delectable too.Yum yum.
This is the train station in Vilnius. Quite nice inside too.
This is the bus line that we took to Riga, recommended by Jack and Matilda. Super easy to buy the tickets and we even got seat assignments. I hate fighting for two seats together.

That night at the hostel four dudes came in from Denmark and Finland that were in town for a wedding. They were definitely in the partying mood and did not come back until 6 am. Good for them! We had to get up about that time to catch the train.

Lina was not there to say goodbye since she headed out for a week to Cyprus. She was excited to go somewhere that has some heat. We are cold here, and it's the summer. Winter must be brutal!

We said goodbye to Renata, who will be looking after the hostel while Lina is away, and headed off to Riga. It's always exciting showing up in a new place with new things to see.

 

 

 

 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Since I will no longer be seeing you daily, I would like a postcard :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous place! Looking forward to pcards from you guys this summer. Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janel, txt me or email your address and the cards will come. G

    ReplyDelete
  4. The zeppelins look awesome. I hope you will learn how to make them so you can serve them to us back home! We'll buy the ingredients!

    ReplyDelete