Garnerbiker's Journey on planet Earth

This blog started as a trip journal for the summer of 2011 Europe trip of 69 days. My wife Katherine, and I decided to use the entire summer break that teachers get, and go crazy. Everything was new to us. I was surprised at the blog's following. It has now become a tradition to travel on our breaks and blog about it. I write mostly as a journal for myself and students, but also give travel ideas to others that might want to travel like us, or go to the places we have seen. Take a look at what's on here. The experiences that I have had through travel are continuously shaping my life. I recommend you get out there and do it!

Translate

Friday, June 27, 2014

Lithuania 24 June

After coming back from the Midsummer's Eve festival, we had to make up for the lack of sleep. We did not wake up until 11am, but quickly got up and headed out for a run in the city of Vilnius. It was risky since there was rain in the schedule. That did not bother us too much. It just made the run more interesting.

Katherine on the top of the Gediminas tower lookout.
Same place, but a different angle.
We left the tower area and wanted to see the Three Crosses right next door. To our surprise, there is a singing complex up the mountain tucked away in the forest.
I take it that this was from some young graffiti artists?
Found this snail on the ground just like the ones that we ate in France. I let this one live. No need to bring home dinner.
View from the Three Crosses looking back at the tower. Pretty cool.
There is a playground / workout area right next to the hostel. Time to bust out the TRX.
This is Jack from England checking out the beautiful fried bread. I guess this counteracts any workout we did before.
Katherine wanted to try the local dish of boiled Zeppelins..... Again. Can't blame her, they were awesome.
We put together a little thank you card for Lina. Midsummer's Eve would not have happened without her.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment