Garnerbiker's Journey on planet Earth

This blog started as a trip journal for the summer of 2011 Europe trip of 69 days. My wife Katherine, and I decided to use the entire summer break that teachers get, and go crazy. Everything was new to us. I was surprised at the blog's following. It has now become a tradition to travel on our breaks and blog about it. I write mostly as a journal for myself and students, but also give travel ideas to others that might want to travel like us, or go to the places we have seen. Take a look at what's on here. The experiences that I have had through travel are continuously shaping my life. I recommend you get out there and do it!

Translate

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Packing Underway

Packing has begun and the checklists are, well.... being checked. There is no way I can leave on a trip without visually seeing a checked checklist. My biggest problem being sure that the correct items are on the list. When I search "checklist" on my computer about 10 show up for previous trips and I have to pick and choose what times will be on the latest excursion. There are checklist for diving, hunting, snowboarding, and even camping. With an over seas adventure on the way, there is one sure bet to be sure that you have everything, make a checklist.

Below is a picture of the dive duffel that will be going. Not very petty, but just to be sure: fins, BCD, mask, snorkel, 3 mil wetsuit, whistle, should all be there. This is helping me get organized. This whole week be expecting to see numerous OCD packing rituals ensue.

 

Here is another pic of camera and electronic equipment. I will be sporting a new Canon S100 camera with Ikelite housing with 35 watt strobe. All the necessary batteries, SD cards, and adapters are shown. I plan to do a full review of items on this trip, unlike last time. Some people were really interested int the gear that we were bringing and a blog site is the way to go for sharing knowledge. Hope you enjoy!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment