Garnerbiker's Journey on planet Earth

This blog started as a trip journal for the summer of 2011 Europe trip of 69 days. My wife Katherine, and I decided to use the entire summer break that teachers get, and go crazy. Everything was new to us. I was surprised at the blog's following. It has now become a tradition to travel on our breaks and blog about it. I write mostly as a journal for myself and students, but also give travel ideas to others that might want to travel like us, or go to the places we have seen. Take a look at what's on here. The experiences that I have had through travel are continuously shaping my life. I recommend you get out there and do it!

Translate

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Airport junkies

Here we go! Alan got us to the airport this morning in plenty of time to catch the Southwest flight to LA. It sure is nice having a bro like that for wonderful limo service. Right now, things are going a little too smoothly. I won't believe anything until we are on the flight to Seoul. Surely, I can create some type of hang up before then.

This post is also a sort of test with the Blogsy app and the camera on the iPad. Typically, I would opt for the S100 camera, but this seems cool to do everything on the same device. Dive duffels weighed in at 20 and 25 lbs each. The regs and computers are in the carry on bags, so weight was a little down. Thai Airways is a little stingy with a 15 lb carry on limit, so there is plenty of room in the duffels to add to.

Gotta say this: Vegas is sure a special place with all the girls in the airport with their overnight bags. Fly in, work a few hours, go home, put gas in the Maserati.

No comments:

Post a Comment