Garnerbiker's Journey on planet Earth

This blog started as a trip journal for the summer of 2011 Europe trip of 69 days. My wife Katherine, and I decided to use the entire summer break that teachers get, and go crazy. Everything was new to us. I was surprised at the blog's following. It has now become a tradition to travel on our breaks and blog about it. I write mostly as a journal for myself and students, but also give travel ideas to others that might want to travel like us, or go to the places we have seen. Take a look at what's on here. The experiences that I have had through travel are continuously shaping my life. I recommend you get out there and do it!

Translate

Monday, July 21, 2014

Baleal Last Day to Lisbon

It was time to say goodbye to Baleal. We took the last day to relax, eat, and walk around a bit. I signed the guest book and included a funny drawing. I could not resist.

This is the picture on the back of the surf camp's little welcome box. It truly is a great surf spot.
Katherine on the way to check out.
 
A funny one that I forgot to post from the BBQ evening.
And another.

Before we left Baleal, we received an email from Portugal's TAP airlines stating that our flight to Barcelona was cancelled. The email did not offer an alternate flight, so we had no idea if we would be able to fly out on Monday as originally expected. So, the plan was to take the bus back to Lisbon and go to the airport and figure things out. After a long wait in the TAP customer service line at the airport, we were kindly taken care of. Our flight to Barcelona would only be delayed by 6 hours. Luckily, we are staying in a hotel across from the airport. Things will go quite smoothly, I am sure.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment