Garnerbiker's Journey on planet Earth

This blog started as a trip journal for the summer of 2011 Europe trip of 69 days. My wife Katherine, and I decided to use the entire summer break that teachers get, and go crazy. Everything was new to us. I was surprised at the blog's following. It has now become a tradition to travel on our breaks and blog about it. I write mostly as a journal for myself and students, but also give travel ideas to others that might want to travel like us, or go to the places we have seen. Take a look at what's on here. The experiences that I have had through travel are continuously shaping my life. I recommend you get out there and do it!

Translate

Thursday, July 11, 2013

03 Jul 2013 Nehalem Bay


03 Jul 2013               Nehalem Bay

            Today was a drive farther north and a stop at the Tillamook cheese factory.  This is a giant tourist trap along the Oregon 101 which was well worth it.  You can view the cheese making and packaging, as well as sample, and then buy anything under the sky from Tillamook.  We went for an ice cream cone and picked up some other items for the cooler.  One that I can’t wait to try is some Tillamook brie cheese.  I have never seen it, and with my love affair for brie, it will not be locked up for long. 





            The drive “up the coast” has been a little strange.  I feel that the weather has been a little abnormal.  What do you think about when someone mentions the Oregon Coast?  You know.  RAIN.  Nope, none, nothing.  The weather has been a beautiful 70˚ and sunny during the day.  We can not ask for anything more.  The only weather that has hit us hard was in the north Lake Tahoe area.  And boy, it was BAD!  But now, it has been blue skies and pleasant temps. 


            Now for Katherine’s leg.  We are starting to think it might be a stress fracture.  We are hoping for the best, but the call has been out to our doctor friend Lori in Portland.  She has given us some advice, and we will try it, but Katherine is almost immobile.  I asked Eric, that we will see tomorrow, if he had some crutches.  Nope.  Oh well.  Since he is always busted up and complaining, I thought he might have some just laying around the house.  We are now at Nehalem Bay State Park relaxing in the sunshine, so maybe a couple more days of rest will help her recuperate so we can run some more trail and our thoughts of fractures will all just be silly paranoia of the past. 


1 comment: