Garnerbiker's Journey on planet Earth

This blog started as a trip journal for the summer of 2011 Europe trip of 69 days. My wife Katherine, and I decided to use the entire summer break that teachers get, and go crazy. Everything was new to us. I was surprised at the blog's following. It has now become a tradition to travel on our breaks and blog about it. I write mostly as a journal for myself and students, but also give travel ideas to others that might want to travel like us, or go to the places we have seen. Take a look at what's on here. The experiences that I have had through travel are continuously shaping my life. I recommend you get out there and do it!

Translate

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Nha Trang, Vietnam Day 3

This was another day of deep diving. We had Marcus, from Germany, as our instructor. He gave us a wonderful pre dive briefing at the shop. It is always great to have another's take on a class. His was run like a German, if you know what i mean. To the point, no real joking, and there always are dumb questions. I still ask them anyway. Even though I know the consequenses.

Simple....deep dive, lunch, second dive.

When we got back to the shop we had lunch and took our tests. Then we rode around a little more on our bicycles. There is a really nice road that parallels the beach with plenty of coconut trees for shade. It is interesting just to watch the locals and families out to enjoy the day.

Hands down, the best Itialian food I have eaten has been at Olivia's restaurant just by our hotel. This night was our second time and it was delectable. You can just sit and people-watch some more. Every once in a while you have to shoo away the vendors selling books and cigarettes, but its really not a big deal. Some people get really mad at them and handle it in a rude way. You just have to look them in the eye and say no thank you. I think people are afraid to be stern, so they sometime flat out ignore them, which is rude as well. Just watching tourists tell them to go away is entertaining.

When we returned to the hotel the hosts came out with flowers for Katherine's birthday. What the? For real? They had known from the passport they kept, surely. I had never seen such a thing. Girls like flower on days like this? I just take them diving. Thats supposed to be romantic, I thought.

Tomorrow should be a relaxing day with a night train departure to Saigon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment