Garnerbiker's Journey on planet Earth

This blog started as a trip journal for the summer of 2011 Europe trip of 69 days. My wife Katherine, and I decided to use the entire summer break that teachers get, and go crazy. Everything was new to us. I was surprised at the blog's following. It has now become a tradition to travel on our breaks and blog about it. I write mostly as a journal for myself and students, but also give travel ideas to others that might want to travel like us, or go to the places we have seen. Take a look at what's on here. The experiences that I have had through travel are continuously shaping my life. I recommend you get out there and do it!

Translate

Friday, July 22, 2011

Split, Croatia Day 4

Split, Croatia Day 4

I have given up on Katherine and Andrew contributing to the blog. Katherine is busy looking for the next place to stay, planning the trip, and editing what I have written, while Andrew is busy making friends. Oh well. I will still write, but if you want to harass them, please feel free. Katherine is kathgaden@yahoo.com and he is agaden4@yahoo.com. They come up with the very best to say and their interpretation of the events is something else. I feel like all that I do is just give a dry account of the day and don't have the quirky, out there stuff to say, or at least express myself. I guess I will continue to fulfill my dream of blogging every day and in a weird way, I enjoy it. It gives a sense of closure to the day and will help me when my brain fails me, to remember the madness that ensued during the summer of 2011. To date, it will be the fastest summer of all time. It feels like yesterday we stepped into the Newark airport bound for Greece with a small backpack and a camera. Yes, coming back to the USA will be great, but there is too much out there to see in the world, and even much more to attempt to comprehend. So far, the people we have met pretty much have all the answers to everything and feel the need to tell you how the world should work. Maybe a first step towards peace would be to recognize this as a fault of people and consciously deal with it. People will not change while alive and countries that know of only one way to live will continue to do so. We keep talking about the "know it alls". These are the travelers that love to tell you about where to go, and what to avoid, and so on. They come in all sorts of disguises. Some are political, others might be food snobs, some religious, others you might not know their end plan until you have opened up and told them too much. I could care less what religion you are, what food you hate/like, what political belief you have, if you are throwing it down my throat. That is the problem. Do what you want, but others probably won't think like you, and if they do, be grateful, and resist from using them as a team to go smash others beliefs. We have seen a different snapshot of civilization out here. It is a small glimpse into the world, but the people have come from many different countries. Many are younger travelers with very vocal thoughts, and since they have seen a few countries, believe they know the way of the world. It's like they have a little fire and have let it go way out of control. Me, on the other hand, the more I see I realize that I don't know jack about anything. I am pretty comfortable with that by this point. By now, you must realize that this is a stream of Garner's consciousness that is out of control . I will stop making a mess out of the blog and continue to fill you in on the day's events.

Woke up, ate, got sausage sandwiches, finally uploaded pictures from my camera on Facebook, walked to the water, made dinner, showered, packed bag to leave for Zagreb tomorrow, wrote this mindless blog. Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. Have tried posting comments but i guess they didn't get through. Please forgive the techno-dumbass factor here. But if this gets through this time, know that I have LOVED every single post, and followed right behind you on this amazing journey.Thanks for bringing us along with this blog.

    ReplyDelete