Garnerbiker's Journey on planet Earth

This blog started as a trip journal for the summer of 2011 Europe trip of 69 days. My wife Katherine, and I decided to use the entire summer break that teachers get, and go crazy. Everything was new to us. I was surprised at the blog's following. It has now become a tradition to travel on our breaks and blog about it. I write mostly as a journal for myself and students, but also give travel ideas to others that might want to travel like us, or go to the places we have seen. Take a look at what's on here. The experiences that I have had through travel are continuously shaping my life. I recommend you get out there and do it!

Translate

Monday, July 18, 2011

Dubrovnik, Croatia Day 4

Dubrovnik, Croatia Day 4

I have to say for the reader, today was boring. For us, it was spectacular.

It started with a small breakfast and a catch up on the blog entries. I had a lot to take care of. Last night was crazy with the whole Harry Potter thing going on. Everything went very slow. We headed to the beach and chilled for 2 hours and then went to the store for food. We had to get dinner and breakfast for tomorrow. Tonight is our last night in Dubrovnik and we will be greatly sad to leave. Our hosts are spectacular and accommodating. I can only hope in Split, things are this nice.

Once back from the beach, it was time to make the Skype calls. My dad and Jeremy said that they would be on, so things would be fun. I signed on at 3pm and there were lots of people on there. Suzanne, Jeremy, Dad, and JIMBO. I talked to Dad for a good half hour and Mom was on there too. That made it even better. The video worked on both ends and it was. Great to catch up. Then came Jeremy. This was super cool since his mom was there too, so we could talk a bit as well. I took the iPod out front and showed them the bridge and the cruise ship viewable from our place. After them was Suzanne. I called and I ended up seeing Gil on the other end. What surprise! It was all great, but Gil could not hear me on his end. We joked around for a while and I even wrote notes to show him on the camera. He end up calling Suzanne and got the speakers to work. Good stuff.

After Skype came dinner. Katherine whipped up a wonderful chicken, broccoli, mashed potatoes extravaganza. We leave in the morning, so it's tricky to be sure to eat up the perishables. The bus ride will be long and bumpy. I can just hope for the best. The hostel is supposed to be difficult to find as well. Oh goodie!

Told you, a boring post. Tomorrow will be a little different, I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment