Garnerbiker's Journey on planet Earth

This blog started as a trip journal for the summer of 2011 Europe trip of 69 days. My wife Katherine, and I decided to use the entire summer break that teachers get, and go crazy. Everything was new to us. I was surprised at the blog's following. It has now become a tradition to travel on our breaks and blog about it. I write mostly as a journal for myself and students, but also give travel ideas to others that might want to travel like us, or go to the places we have seen. Take a look at what's on here. The experiences that I have had through travel are continuously shaping my life. I recommend you get out there and do it!

Translate

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bangkok, Thailand to USA

We left the LubD hostel at 4:30am in Bangkok, got a cab to the airport, flew to Seoul, refueled, flew to Los Angeles, flew to Vegas, then Jimbo and Myrna took us to our house. Not only did they get us from the airport, they were a wondful sight to see after a grueling day of travel. We came down to the baggage return level, and were in a daze. I heard Jim yell out my name as I was trying to reach him on the airport's wifi. At that point, I knew we were home with some great friends to take us to our house. I just talk a little too much (obviously) when I see friends from a long trip like this. Trying to cram 2 months of travel stories into a conversation is a little tough.

Being back in the USA is a little strange. People are huge! Cars are huge! Food is huge! And..... We can drink the water. I took a little sip from the fountain. Nice.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment