Garnerbiker's Journey on planet Earth

This blog started as a trip journal for the summer of 2011 Europe trip of 69 days. My wife Katherine, and I decided to use the entire summer break that teachers get, and go crazy. Everything was new to us. I was surprised at the blog's following. It has now become a tradition to travel on our breaks and blog about it. I write mostly as a journal for myself and students, but also give travel ideas to others that might want to travel like us, or go to the places we have seen. Take a look at what's on here. The experiences that I have had through travel are continuously shaping my life. I recommend you get out there and do it!

Translate

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bangkok, Thailand Day 1-3 again

We already had a Bangkok Day 1 weeks ago, so I thought a new name was in the works. It has been a while since we were last here with Michael, and it feels like home in a weird way. Coming from Cambodia is quite a change.

These days have been spent just strolling around Bangkok shopping. The giant MBK mall is across the street and never gets old. We tried going to the nicer Paragon and Discovery malls, but I quickly got bored with the same ritzy shops that were all brightly lit. We just left.

We had to get back to Bangkok to check on my tuxedo from Boss Apparels. I thought they might have forgotten about us, but when we walked through the door, there it was. My tuxedo was right in front of me. They totally remembered us and were ready for the next fitting. I tried it on and...... It blew my mind! It was perfect. So perfect in fact, I ordered some more pants and shirts. This took some time looking at fabric and deciding. I couldn't believe it, custom made pants and shirts? This is too much! Yes, please.

Katherine had the best idea ever to end the trip. Just sit around and relax. How awesome! It has been great to sleep later in the morning . When we get home it will be a fury repairing my car and getting ready for work.

We saw Batman, The Dark Night Rises, in the MBK movie theater for only 3 dollars a person. It was movie Wednesday with half price tickets. We had to see something. The Bangkok theaters are known for having some interesting movie options. There are regular projection screens, digital cinema, 3D, and this new thing called 4D. 4D is where they vibrate the seats, spray mist, and even blow fans at you. There is more.. Many places have sofas and a wait staff for you. At the Paragon mall, you can even get a foot massage at the top theater. What? It's for real. Please, someone start that in the USA.

 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos, once again !! Snazzy outfits, amazing deal. ALL these photos make me feel like I'm right there. This has been an incredible virtual journey, extending my summer in a most enchanting way. I have enjoyed every entry and while I look forward to your safe return, both of you, it's bittersweet to know this adventure must come to an end. Thank you for letting me tag along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look perfect in the tuxedo and really cool un the lime pants.

    ReplyDelete