Garnerbiker's Journey on planet Earth

This blog started as a trip journal for the summer of 2011 Europe trip of 69 days. My wife Katherine, and I decided to use the entire summer break that teachers get, and go crazy. Everything was new to us. I was surprised at the blog's following. It has now become a tradition to travel on our breaks and blog about it. I write mostly as a journal for myself and students, but also give travel ideas to others that might want to travel like us, or go to the places we have seen. Take a look at what's on here. The experiences that I have had through travel are continuously shaping my life. I recommend you get out there and do it!

Translate

Monday, June 24, 2013

Park City, Day 1

19 Jun 2013              Park City, Day 1

            The first night at the RV campground went well.  We are totally secluded down at tent site number one.  No one is talking loudly.  There are no loud children.  No one is playing music at night.  Life is good.  But, there is the road noise.  You can’t do much about it, but at night it kind of puts me to sleep.

            We started the morning off with a quick breakfast and prepared for a morning run.  The campground is on the north side of I-80, and there is a trailhead right off the grounds.  Once our gear was packed, we headed down the trail.  It ended up meeting with another trail that we had previously ridden with our friend John on mountain bikes.  At the 2.5 mile mark we reached the crest of the mountain,  and then headed back down to the campsite.  The wind was whipping making for a fun descent. 

            Once back, we headed the grocery store in Jeremy Ranch.  We needed a few items for the evening’s dutch oven meal.  More on that later.  I was amazed at all the homes for sale in the area that John used to live.  If you need a place close to 10 ski resorts, look here!  I’m sure a million dollars will get you one of these beauties.

            Dinner was cooked in the Dutch oven in high winds.  I had to dig quite a bit out the fire pit to lower the cooking area beneath the wind level.  Luckily, it worked.  The meal had the right amount of coals and in 45min…  shazzam!!!  The glorious potato, green apple, onion, carrot, pork dish was complete.


            I did everything I wanted to do this day.  I did a 5 mile trail run, played the ukulele, played the alto trombone, made 3 contacts on the ham radio, ate a great dinner, and enjoyed the RV resort’s hot tub and pool.  This is some summer vacation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment