Garnerbiker's Journey on planet Earth

This blog started as a trip journal for the summer of 2011 Europe trip of 69 days. My wife Katherine, and I decided to use the entire summer break that teachers get, and go crazy. Everything was new to us. I was surprised at the blog's following. It has now become a tradition to travel on our breaks and blog about it. I write mostly as a journal for myself and students, but also give travel ideas to others that might want to travel like us, or go to the places we have seen. Take a look at what's on here. The experiences that I have had through travel are continuously shaping my life. I recommend you get out there and do it!

Translate

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Paris, France Day 7

Jan. 2

We woke up, had breakfast, and then Anne started furiously cleaning the house. Thomas said his mom was coming for dinner. Anne wanted the apartment perfect.

Katherine and I headed out for our last walk in Paris just by ourselves. We had to get some stamps, make a few stops, and get one last glimpse of the Eiffel Tower. It was much more crowded than the day we went up. The weather was a bit nicer, and the sun even came out for a little bit. I started to forget what that yellow thing in the sky looked like. I had to snap this shot of an Asian woman setting up her camera. She was using the tripod to get the perfect shot, then she set the timer, and ran around to be in the picture. We have seen quite a few females all dressed up like her, but I think she gave me the best photo opportunity.

We stopped for lunch at Le Pierrot. Little did we know, we had already eaten here with Thomas and Anne. Katherine and I entered from the other side and I only figured this out when I went down stairs to go to the restroom. The floor looked familiar and then it hit me. Hey, we had been here before. The food was once again good and we had some priests next to us. It was weird, they got popcorn, drank alcohol, had impressive cell phones, and smelled really bad. I think they thought we were just as weird by the looks they were sending our way. We walked around a bit more and had to get back. Thomas was making dinner.

Dinner was awesome! Anne had some canned seafood spreads sent in from the island where her parents own a vacation home. We opened 4 and were amazed. Typically, she brings things like these to work for lunch, but now we were eating them as an appetizer. Anne was out for a workout session and I thought she would kill us when she got back seeing us eating her lunch food. Instead, she came in and just wanted to be sure that we had left her some. How nice. Thomas served baked salmon with fois gras mushrooms. It was another mouth watering experience.

But there was more... When Anne came back from working out, she stopped by the escargot shop right by their apartment. She got us 2 types of the snails and all we had to do was put them into the oven to warm them. Wow! We munched these guys down slowly and thoroughly enjoyed them. I prefer these snails to the sea snails we had in Deauville. The escargot were laden in garlic and butter making them quite tasty.

Tomorrow will be our departure to London in the morning. Being treated so well, and having such great friends, we really don't want to leave. All I can do is think of our next trip with them. I sense a diving trip in the Caribbean happening in the near future. We'll see.



No comments:

Post a Comment