Garnerbiker's Journey on planet Earth

This blog started as a trip journal for the summer of 2011 Europe trip of 69 days. My wife Katherine, and I decided to use the entire summer break that teachers get, and go crazy. Everything was new to us. I was surprised at the blog's following. It has now become a tradition to travel on our breaks and blog about it. I write mostly as a journal for myself and students, but also give travel ideas to others that might want to travel like us, or go to the places we have seen. Take a look at what's on here. The experiences that I have had through travel are continuously shaping my life. I recommend you get out there and do it!

Translate

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Removed Quarter Panels / Headlights


Today was a little interesting.  One, I had my buddy Dave from school come over for a little help and assistance.  And two, we had a Facetime conversation with Grant back in VA via iPad.  Pretty cool.  Katherine took the iPad around the car as Grant and the girls watched and asked questions such as, "Uncle Garner, that is one dirty car.  What are you doing?"  I followed by hammering on the air impact wrench trying to explain what was going on.  I am not sure they were very interested.  Oh well, it can only get better as more items get to come off the car.

Today's goal was the removal of both quarter panels and headlight assemblies.  We got it completed and I am surprised at how little rust is on the panels and the unibody.  I had a bad feeling and bolts were frozen and the previous paint job had covered everything up.  The next session will be to gut the doors and take out more engine items.  So far, so good.  I only had to break and cut off a few rusty bolts.  The bedroom upstairs is looking pretty cluttered, but the labeled plastic bags will make thing a breeze when searching for parts.  I should get a pic of that room for the next entry!


No comments:

Post a Comment